The term ethical hacker came into surface in the late 1970s when the government of United States of America hired groups of experts called 'red teams' to hack its own hardware and software system. Hackers are cyber criminals or online computer criminals that practice illegal hacking. They penetrate into the security system of a computer network to fetch or extract information.
Technology and internet facilitated the birth and growth of network evils like virus, anti-virus, hacking and ethical hacking. Hacking is a practice of modification of a computer hardware and software system. Illegal breaking of a computer system is a criminal offence. Recently a spurt in hacking of computer systems has opened up several courses on Ethical Hacking Training in Jaipur.
A 'white hat' hacker is a moral hacker who runs penetration testing and intrusion testing. Ethical hacking is legally hacking a computer system and penetrating into its database. It aims to secure the loopholes and breaches in the cyber-security system of a company. Legal hacking experts are usually Certified Ethical Hackers who are hired to prevent any potential threat to the computer security system or network. Courses for ethical hacking have become widely popular and many are taking it up as a serious profession. Ethical hacking courses have gathered huge responses all over the world.
The moral hacking experts run several programs to secure the network systems of companies.
- A moral hacker has legal permission to breach the software system or the database of a company. The company that allows a probe into its security system must give a legal consent to the moral hacking school in writing.
- Moral hackers only look into the security issues of the company and aim to secure the breaches in the system.
- The school of moral hackers runs vulnerability assessment to mend loopholes in the internal computer network. They also run software security programs as a preventive measure against illegal hacking
- Legal hacking experts detect security weakness in a system which facilitates the entry for online cyber criminals. They conduct these tests mainly to check if the hardware and software programs are effective enough to prevent any unauthorized entry.
- The moral experts conduct this test by replicating a cyber attack on the network in order to understand how strong it is against any network intrusion.
- The vulnerability test must be done on a regular basis or annually. The company must keep a comprehensive record of the findings and checking for further reference in the future.